Saturday, November 15, 2008

salted caramel

Back to fashion.

It's my fashion to be frantic and slightly late everywhere I go. Which is part of the reason I am typing this when I should perhaps be in the shower, knowing I have to leave the house in half an hour.
That rhymes.

When I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2000, it was after a couple of years of wanting to resist, purely on the basis that everyone was reading it and it was everywhere. But the thing about a book in vogue is no matter how many people talk about it, you read it alone (just like you die, apparently, but I haven't done that yet, plus it was a bit of a morbid analogy). It's still your own discovery when you read it for the first time. And the next, and the next.

Well, I bet you know it: so it goes for flavours.

Thank you trendies for alerting us!

I am converted.

1 comment:

  1. You die alone, but it happens so quick that you don't know you're alone until you don't have a brain to think 'oh crap. I'm alone' anymore.

    I have about a kilo of pepita brittle left. I used your chunky run of the mill table salt and it is AWESOME because you hit pockets of saltiness that make you go...'arrghmmmmmmmm'. And I want more of that sweet, sweet icing.

    And, how cool was it that that poem from Cauldron was on the wall last night?!!!

    ReplyDelete